Monday, December 3, 2007

my 15 cents of gabo.

in an autobiography by Clarence Thomas, the Supreme Count Justice. He talks about putting a 15 cent sticker on his Yale Law Degree frame because he said that was what it was worth to him.
my dad told me about this.

and i feel the same way. after im 80-90 grand in debt the day i graduate. i hope to find a 10 cent sticker. school is very discouraging. but im gonna do what i know to do. and thats be here. i hope it picks up after christmas, when im actualy in a cooking class. but right now gen-ed's are making me crazy. and the fact that i have no desire to talk to anyone at this place makes chi kinda lonely. but iv got the west wing. right?

“What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it.”
 -Gabriel Garcia Marquez

i read this the other day and realized all the things i remember from my life in the last 5 years are just quick smapshots of people. and that makes me happy. and the feelings that go along with their faces. im like a big freekish scrpabook.

just for fun here is a pic of gabo(gabbriel garcia marquez) with a good friend.



i makes me think of talking with carl at the pig.

2 comments:

Liam said...

school makes me feel the same way. i'm going to be in debt like crazy and i'm not even sure what i'll end up using my degree for, or whether or not i'll even use it.

at least we've got people we know up here, right? theres always that.

lindsey said...

ilovehimilovehimilovehim