Wednesday, December 5, 2007

cover me in snow, and get that talking dog away from me.



a new blog site has gone up in champaign. and its great. i miss champaign and its nice to hear news and stuff from people i know. my old head chef alisa demarco writes for it. i miss working with her. she is an amazing cook, and was a great boss. ill be content if someday im half the cook and leader she is. there are very few people i hold in such high respect. on that list would be my parents, my grandmother, carl, and one of my old teachers. not on that list are: W, that guy from the bushes baked beans comercials, and of montreal.

the first snow of the year is one of my favorite times. sit around a fire and read, watch tv, whatever. but that moment when you first step out side and everything you once saw as familiar is now changed into somthing new and different. its wonderful. i see it every year. and it still amazes me.
i've found the best music for this weather is jolie holland. her voice is everything winter to me. check out her record
escondida. and walk in the snow.

and check her out.


its soup weather also. find a place that has soup you like. and eat it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Soupbox ruuuules.

Anonymous said...

sniff sniff, I didn't make the list....
j/k

backpack. said...

kate your on a list that is beyond anything i could ever put in words.